Thursday, May 23, 2019

Knock off Chinese Tarot Decks and Not Going to Pride

I have recently bought two knock off Chinese tarot decks. This is not to be derogatory about the Chinese, the decks actually came from China and are very clearly knockoff.
Of course there is an immediate ethical problem here, however one of the decks was one which I had thought I would never buy because it was too expensive - the gorgeous Prisma Visions Tarot. If you want to buy the original you can get it here, but in my own case I was never going to buy it and so I'm not cheating the artist out of any money. The other deck is the Pamela Colman Smith centennial edition.
These decks have the disadvantage that they are very obvious cheap reproductions, and you can tell they are such because they don't even have a publisher's name on. The printing is not perfect and they feel cardboardy, which personally I prefer to the high gloss of many decks. Also if you lose them, that's less of a problem.
These decks have one big advantage for a decrepit old witch like myself, which is that the cards are rather smaller than standard size tarot cards, which makes them easier to shuffle.
You can find endless knock off decks on t'internet. You can tell them because they are ridiculously cheap and ship from China.

This weekend is Birmingham Pride and naturally the Hound isn't going, for reasons I have rehearsed here every year. If you are a recent visitor you can click the label 'queer' down there ๐Ÿ‘‡on the web version and see my reasons. That is why the Kray twins illustrate this post, as they are my exemplar of non-establishment queer sexuality and definitely non-conforming if psychopathic with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication