Saturday, February 4, 2017

Tarot: II High Priestess

Just a thought, but she is my daily draw today and I have seen her in a completely different light. First I thought of the traditional meanings of mysteries and secrecy, but in my mind I have turned it round the other way. For the first time today it seems to me the High Priestess is deliberately not looking at the mystery. She could turn round and open the curtain to see what is hidden if she wants to. Conversely she may be deliberately choosing what to see, and in that case there may even be a sense in which the mystery behind the curtain is not even for her eyes. She is the guardian of the secret but what she does with it is up to her.

2 comments:

  1. I think she knows full well what's going on behind the curtain, but is averting her eyes (in false modesty, I think, as she was young once...). The clue is the initials on the pillars: B J...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great indicator of character, what people think thise initials stand for!

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication