Sunday, February 26, 2017

Be careful around the witch

'From your mouth to G-d's ear' is a friend's way of telling me to be careful what I say, because I will make it happen. 'She [G-d] can fuck right off ' is my standard reply to that, I'm not having a mere divinity make me afraid to use hyperbole, exaggeratuon, or any other device, to ginger up what would otherwise be a rather flat conversation.
On the other hand, I'm a witch, and part of my stock in trade is rejoicing in the way funny things happen around me. I myself am the spell the universe has cast and I have to believe people meet me for a reason - usually to correct or balance something in the trajectory of their life.
Yesterday, for example, I saw a former colleague in Harborne. She was with her girlfriend, and since I liked her I would have gone to speak to her but couldn't stop myself giggling. You see, when I knew her, she liked men. Until her mother, who also worked there, took it upon herself to offend the Hound. I gave her the gypsy's warning to back off, but then she made the mistake of announcing in the office that she would die if a daughter of hers came out as a lesbian. I wasn't there when she said it, but the universe heard and of course it was fated.
Then this morning my novice master (from my misspent youth) rang and happened to mention that someone from Brum is thinking of joining his current community. I think even he was rather surprised that I knew all about this person and was able to tell him that and how he screwed me over. Silly boy shouldn't have done that to me - it turned out there was a matter of simple fact about himself which he hadn't told them!
My point here - apart from that it's nice in my INFJ way to use the information I squirrel away - is that these kind of things happen when you're a witch. Of course they also happen if you're not a witch, but since witches pay attention these events gain a greater importance for us than they do for muggles. I've deliberately avoided using the word karma, but I believe the purpose of our life is to get to the point where not one action or thought is not willed, and paying attention to these events is a way of getting there. The witch is the facilitator if this learning.

2 comments:

  1. Gods are worse than children. They should be ignored - unless they happen to be the nubile, muscular Greek kind in very small togas...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication