Monday, February 1, 2016

Don't you ever get tired?

- That was the question one of my colleagues asked me yesterday morning, as she commented on my battle with our manager, which of course is only personal in the sense I've had enough. Of course I knew the answer to the question at once, but had to give her the edited version,  which is that doing what is right is the entire purpose of my life and that I couldn't live with myself if I didn't do it.
Naturally I couldn't tell her the whole story which is that of course I personally get tired of dealing with nonsense. I didn't tell her that if I went to live on a desert island, some foolishness would find its way to me to be shaken up, because that is what I do and I attract nonsense. I didn't tell her that I'm in a place where I can't go back ; if I didn't pursue these things would be a violation. I also couldn't tell her that I'm - as it were - consecrated to this sort of work.
And most of all I couldn't tell her the source of this consecration and the energy I have to pursue these things. How do you explain that it is a reality for you that the magic will always be there when you need it? How do you explain that one myth of your world-view is of the oppressed gathering in the forest once a month and being taught witchcraft by the living avatar of godhead and that this power is always available?  How do you explain the trials and ecstasy of the witch to a cowan?
You can't, I suppose, although there are always those with eyes to see... And so the witch carries on, and in fact carries on through incarnations and centuries. And this will continue, until every last one of the oppressors is dead.
Image source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_de_Triathlon#

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication