Thursday, April 4, 2013

Moot

To the moot again this week (I'm the one sitting on the bar). The conversation turned to card games, & as frequently happens, our remembered rules differed. We didn't have a pack of normal playing cards so played Strip Jack Naked with Ana Cortez's Playing Cards Oracles deck. I remember playing this with my dad. I don't remember playing the game we played on Tuesday with my dad. Anyway, this game went on & on. It became apparent that that deck has a sense of humour all its own, & the game just would not work out for about an hour. This of course is the stuff of which legends are made: 'a witch once played card games with a Grand Etteilla & is stll there now'. That, kids, is what acomes of misusing your divination tools.
A man with a northern accent came over to us & said that he expected that pub to be full of 'West Indians' (no, I don't think for an instant that that was what he was looking for). I told him that they wouldn't go there & he asked why. How can he not have realised that it's a gay pub? So I told him that it was reserved for witches only.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication