Thursday, November 29, 2012

Something in the air

Once again I am on a week's annual leave from work, much-needed this time because of a sudden spate of busyness. I will resist with every last breath in my body the urge even to imply that this has somehow distracted me from the Great Work (define that as you will). I am getting this urge because lately I have rather been firefighting & have found it difficult to keep my eye on the bigger picture, leading to a lost sensation in the midst of the things piling in on me. I wanted a picture for this post indicating a coming-together of plans in the midst of the confusion, with undertones of there being signs of the times involved here. I had to settle for a picture of the sort of dog I would be if I was one, because when I searched for what I wanted I found loads of Christian and biblical stuff about end-times & the writing being on the wall.
The difference between them & us in this respect is that they have made up their minds that there will be a single (or rather series of) cataclysmic events at the end of time as we know it, & set out to look for the signs of what they've already decided will happen. We witches, however, expect history to progress in a more fluid, cyclical, unfinalised way, so that we can still be thoroughly surprised when the spirit of the age nips us unexpectedly.
This digression on Time is inspired by the fact that even though I'm knackered, the past few weeks have been hilarious. A long-cherished magical project has come to fruition; I really am like a little terrier with a bone, I don't seem to have it in me but I'll pull it apart. Unfortunately revealing details would reveal too much, but suffice to say that someone I have wanted out of my orbit for years is finding herself unable to escape the relentless cycle of misery she set up for other people & which has turned onto her, & may soon be leaving my orbit & moving into a situation which will show her up for the bully she is. Meanwhile everything else is also hilarious and I've had a good belly laugh literally every day for the past few weeks, surely one of the best indications that the Goddess is alive & magic afoot.
So much of the witch's work is subtle & unseen, difficult for someone like me with no patience at all: discerning the way things are going & laying foundations or planting seeds, things that it's rare to see spectacular effects to. When it does happen that we see the results the best bit is that it comes as a free gift of the universe, we are filled with the ecstasy of the Goddess & we know the full meaning of 'merry meet, merry part, & merry meet again.' And this is also the importance of feeling weighed down by the warp & weft of our lives: Robert Cochrane said that it was essential for the roebuck to enter the thicket to be transformed. It is sometimes essential for us not to see the way ahead & feel slightly overwhelmed, because the mass of events *are* the warp of our lives, & what we do in it *is* our divine work: for us literally cannot be separated out from 'mundane' (hate that word) events.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication