Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The eye of the storm

All of a sudden I'm having a really busy week. I worked yesterday with someone who seriously seemed to think I was going to carry her & didn't like it when I disabused her of this notion.
I slept at length & woke up to find I'd been bitten on my hand so I've had to get some cream for it on the way to work before I scratch it till I pour blood everywhere.
I rushed round emptying bins & litter trays, & found I didn't have a single thing to wear for work.
I dealt with this by prioritising reassembling the altar. It took this long since I washed the cloth because I don't really know what it's made of, so I hand washed & drip dried it.
I even surprised myself at how much less harried I feel after doing that, then lighting a candle & just sitting in front of it for a while. The altar can serve as the point where we return to ourselves.
I drew a card for today & got the 5 of Swords (using RWS). The cards are so characteristic of my path that they don't faze me at all: I can look on this & make a resolution for today that I will pick my battles, recognise the 3 swords lying there so that I don't pick them up & run with them, & make sure that if anyone else has a sword I don't let them give it to me. Of course I'm not unequipped with swords myself after my grounding & centring!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication