Friday, January 14, 2022

The obstruction is the way


Apologies for the mindfulnessish sounding title - it just seems to fit best.

Today is the fourteenth of January which means it has been four days since my last post here. Not long by any standards, especially as this blog isn't a chore so I have always resisted any feelings of ought or should about it. And yet something very strange has been happening - I have convinced myself that I haven't posted for ages, have writer's block and should put a post on here saying the blog is on hiatus.

And then it struck me that virtually the only thing I actually have ever had to say here is that the hedge - a blockage - is the place of liminality where the magic happens. The hedge of the hedge witch also has similarities with the desert where you notoriously experience strange things.

And bingo - another blog post. The block, the hedge, is the source of the creativity. As one of the desert fathers never said - your hedge will teach you everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication