Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Graveyards Again

Two posts in one day and both about graveyards!
I was delighted at Warstone Lane to see that the catacombs, which have been tending towards collapse for ages, are in the process of repair. The rest of the graveyard is also being tidied up. I am of course less happy to see that a number of the gravestones have obviously failed the 'shove test' and have been laid down flat to stop them killing people, since this reduces the likelihood that I will be killed by a falling gravestone.
I have also discovered a new titbit of information about the graveyard which was dug up to build the ICC. I knew of course that it was huge and completely undocumented. I did not know that bones from the graveyard had a tendency to surface in the playground of the school next to the Catholic church there! This presents a wonderful image of a boy going in from playtime saying, 'Miss, look what I've found'...

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps the erupting bones will encourage the children to work towards entering the field of archeology? Or horror writers...?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication