Wednesday, January 16, 2019

My INFJ New Year's Resolution

Unusually for me, this year I have made a new year's resolution, and so far I am both sticking to it and finding it's having the effect I want. It is to speak my mind more (those who know me in person would probably say I should speak it less) or rather, to speak my mind more so that things don't fester. Festering is a haxardof being an INFJ, and when I look back through my life I see the classic INFJ pattern of letting things fester and ultimately slamming the door on someone.
To me this is perfectly reasonable behaviour, and I also don't feel the need to tell other people that their behaviour breaks my rules. Actually this bit sounds less reasonable put down like this, but I can truthfully say I don't regret slamming the door when I do it. I wonder how people are, but they have done something beyond the pale and there's no going back.
But in the relentless pursuit of doing things differently, I'm surprised to find that speaking my mind has not yet resulted in everyone disowning me. So far it appears to be improving my relationships. However I'm still an INFJ and if you don't listen when I speak my mind you're already on the way out!
Otherwise, to avoid dealing with idiots I might start saying I think I'm autistic. I'm not actually. But the INFJ personality can seem autistic to those predisposed to see it everywhere, and it gets people off your back.
Btw I do like the quote from John Lennon. Despite apparently being a raging homophobe he had a delicious dick. Lucky Yoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication