Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Now I'm Being Stalked by the Queen of Cups

Last month I posted that I was being stalked by the four of Wands. With some relief that I can write that that card seems to have stopped stalking me for the present, I am being stalked by the queen of cups.
This is a queen with whom I have never felt a great affinity, always a sure sign that a card represents a shadow side of one's personality (posh, eh?). And so to start at the beginning, what we see is a woman sitting on a stone throne on a beach. The throne is highly and very campily carved with images of cherubs. The solidity of the throne is in contrast to a number of stones on the beach, and naturally also some sand. The waves of the sea, almost to the Queen's feet and I have always thought of her as representing a rock of stability in a changeable world. Not forgetting that cups represents the realm of emotion, she would be the sort of person who would represent affection carried on over many years despite ups and downs in a relationship. The sort of person you know you can rely on and know where you will stand with them.
Because this is a card that I don't gel with very well, I naturally had some difficulty applying this to my own situation, so I pulled some more cards, asking the Queen what it was she had to say to me.
I got the three of Wands and the four of Wands. The whole tarot deck is now screaming at me to get the message of the four of Wands. A water card is there for telling me to stick with the fiery message of the four of Wands to stand by my own will hadn't carry on to the end, at which point I will get a party. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of steam around, but otherwise business as usual in my life.

4 comments:

  1. The throne looks like it has been there for aeons and the queen appears resigned to the fact that her Queendom is soon to be no more. The ever-changing environment, rising sea level, and folly of man, has engulfed her domain, yet she will sit there until the end. A rock of stability indeed. Or is it just stubbornness...?

    Anyway, hot and steamy situations coming up, eh? Enjoy!

    P.S. Are you still using that dictamaphone thingy to create these posts rather than using your fingers to type (like a commoner)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am. It shows doesn't it lol.

      Delete
    2. Only a bit... But I want to know, the penultimate sentence ends with "party" - is that right? Will the party be the cause of all the steaminess?!?
      (And I'm guessing the "hadn't" in "to stand by my own will hadn't carry on to the end" should be "and"?)

      Delete
    3. Look, the trick is read it out loud and see what it sounds like. You don't think I can bear to read my own witterings do you?

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication