Sunday, July 1, 2018

Spirit of Place: Digbeth Art Gallery Revisited

I girded my loins for an explore today. The art you see in this post is further out than the art I've posted here before, beyond the Custard Factory. This is a completely personal and idiosyncratic choice, simply because nothing really caught my eye closer to the City Centre. The pictures are completely unedited and of course this is to allow a sense of placement and not the result of laziness. My favorite is the one with Chinese script.










Finally a scene which amused me. I hope *that* isn't how they get their spares!


4 comments:

  1. Inspector Gadget!!! And quite a nice Audi A5 - the only Audi I'd be seen dead in.

    That FINGAzBRAND hairy-knuckled tarantula next to your favourite is exceedingly creepy, but I like it. As to my favourite, I'm torn between the horse and the Egyptian cat (shame about the shitty old Toyota Verso dumped in front of it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there was me expecting you to go for the Cat in the Hat...

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, I see it now! The skull overpowered the hat so I didn't recognise it for what it was. I still stand by my first favourites, though.
      I did mean to say: that strumpet smoking a fag, and Mohammad Ali (it is him, isn't it?) are very well done, aren't they?

      Delete
    3. Yes! Despite being on rather unpromising surfaces. In fact I'm not sure the cat in the hat isn't my own favorite...

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication