Sunday, May 6, 2018

Tarot : Weather

Pam was, among other things, a theatrical set designer and the attention of the tarot community has tended to focus on the 'stage' cards in the RWS tarot (you can tell which they are by a straight line on the 'stage' of the card, giving exactly the impression of a back drop.
Another way of setting the mood in theatre and on the silver screen is with the weather. Watch a film noir and I'll guarantee you it will be raining or foggy, for example, and anyone who has seen Murder by Death will remember how the atmosphere is created by artificial rain and food.
The weather is used by Pam in her tarot surprisingly rarely. Only on these cards in fact, although I realise I have missed out the snow of the 5 of Pentacles.
The cards with 'heavy weather' either indicate major turmoil (sorry, but I have to describe it as a barometric change) or belong to the always troublesome suit of Swords, where because it is about Air, pretty well anything can happen.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's some weather I could do without. Minding one's own business pottering around in the garden, and suddenly the clouds part and to unleash a nerve-jangling fanfare blasted out by a legion of sodding angels! Judgement, I'm looking at you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I just knew you could read tarot really!

      Delete
    2. I'm going to have a go with some of your other posts in a bit - just got to de-work (only just got home). I hadn't realised you'd produced such a copious volume of - (hang on, this isn't the one about masturbation, is it?) - posts!

      Delete
    3. De-work what a lovely word. Some people probably do think my wittering is a result of masturbation anyway.

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication