Friday, February 16, 2018

Oppportunities and Surprises

I have spent the day waiting in for a plumber. Like most of his ilk he has no sense of time whatsoever. Unfortunately my usual company couldn't do it so I am using a man the building management complany uses, so he ought to be alright, but I'm still not leaving him unaccompanied in my prestigious apartment by leaving the keys with the concierge as he suggested. On arrival all is forgiven - my taste has remained remarkably unchanged since I was fascinated by the man next door's hairy chest as a small child.
Whatever, it is a good thing to have to spend a day in. It is the sort of day where ones attention is brought back to current preoccupations and needs. This is exactly the principle underlying the monastic life - by being stuck in one place and confronted with the Divine, it creates a more single way of looking and an return to the one thing necessary.
Of course I don't need to say that despite predominantly working with only one Goddess who only lets other divinities in by permission, naturally I am not a monotheist, and a single eye is not something I am likely to attain any time soon. I remember when I was a monk myself, my novice master telling me that the thing about the single eye being that it confronts you with yourself and that that is the painful thing. I disagreed then and disagree now. Personally I think I'm wonderful and I also don't have a problem with that.
Rather, I would put the function of the desert day as actually being that it brings to the front of your attention anything in your inner world which requires attention but which you're tending to avoid. It is gratifying when nothing comes up that you're unaware of or that has not been examined before. The thing which has come up is my dissatisfaction with my current job. When I tell you that I have spent my day working on my CV it sounds merely pedestrian, but of course we magical people know that all acts are magical acts and therefore in my case this work actually amounts to putting my will (as described in the last post) into effect.
Regular as clockwork, when someone starts working on their own will the universe knows about it and strange things start happening. Two of these bizarre things have managed to happen in just one day without leaving my own home.
The first was that I wrote an application for a job in my former employers - not with any serious sense of taking it up but just for the interview. I mean, honestly, I knew they were hopeless but there was no mention on the website that it was for internal applicants only until I tried to apply for it. They can't even advertise a job without cocking it up! The universe was wanting to protect me and remind me they are idiots. Nonetheless what I've got is an updated CV and an application all ready to submit for jobs of a similar ilk, which are on my short list of possibilities.
The second was that somebody reappeared in my orbit on grindr. He is one of only two people I have met off grindr, since most of them seem to be even odder than me. My grindr profile at the time said that I was a witch, and he wanted to meet a real witch because he was interested in the subject. My profile no longer says I am a witch because it shows my face and my real name. Imagine my disappointment when I met this ridiculously hot guy off grindr and we only talked about witchcraft! Also - I don't know what it is about me that alcoholics are drawn into my orbit. It must be something about my energy and their energy which interacts. But anyway, he must be back in the city because he's reappeared on my grindr, I've drooled over his instagram pics and have messaged him again to see if he wants to talk about witchcraft again - grin - .

2 comments:

  1. You know that some people think that witches just run/roll around starkers on hills in the middle of the night? Why not prove them right with your orbiter? Or your plumber...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I was just thinking orbiter and plumber! The plumber's just finished draining a very long pipe into my bath and has returned to banging, so orbiter may feel a little under-employed though.

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication