Thursday, October 20, 2022

My Prediction


It's been a hell of a few weeks for us in this third world tinpot banana republic. And here is my prediction.

I think the Tories naturally want to get rid of Truss but they're fucked if they do and fucked if they don't.

If they get her to resign they have to get the members to choose the leader according to their constitution. Whoever they choose will be a disaster because they're at loggerheads. If they try to change the rules they'll alienate even more of their members.

If they try to prop her up with more competent people around her it will also certainly implode further because she's a walking disaster area.

Therefore my prediction is they will get her to resign, and try to select a caretaker PM, because I think they will think this means less instability. This will explode in their faces because they all hate each other. I don't think Boris would do it because who the fuck would.

The witch's advice which they won't take, is for the best long term effects now they should gather any shreds of integrity they have left and call an election and hand over to a coalition of opposition parties as a caretaker government while this is happening.

I am totally prepared for this to be wrong because who the fuck knows what's going to happen next.

I'm still amazed at how badly they understand the British character. When you start threatening home ownership you're encroaching on a national characteristic. And most of all, you do not insult the tofu.

3 comments:

  1. It's not easy being a witch and stating the blindingly obvious. So she's resigned and the first part of my prediction has happened.
    I have an awful feeling what will happen next....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a surprise... I think you're right that a general election should be called as there's clearly no coherence to the Tory party. And until then, we have a King who is impartial to politics and appears to be a grown up with a reasonably sensible head on his shoulders - I believe he'll do as good a job as any caretaker PM (and probably much better).

      Delete
    2. Of course I'm right lol. And judging by the way Twitter is exploding at this moment if they thought this would calm it down they're deluded. I think the Tories want the rejoin march on Saturday to turn into riots to try to regain some popularity but that will backfire as well.
      Incidentally, if you're in North Norfolk your tactical vote would be Lib Dem. Just saying. 😉
      Personally I would orgasm if the SNP were the opposition.

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication