Friday, May 21, 2021

An Oathbound Secret about the Ancient Craft of the Wise


Goodness, that title should get me a lot of hits for this one! Today I'm letting out a secret of the craft because

1. It's not ancient

2. It's not oathbound

3. It's blindingly obvious to anyone with eyes to see

and

4. Anyone who tells you otherwise is deluded.

So here's the secret: the word witch is a word which has almost always had negative connotations and instilled fear, because the witch is an agent of what needs to happen in a particular time and place. Witches always are born from the real needs of their time and so this may mean a healing, an inspiration, a little slap from Fate, whatever is necessary to either bring back balance, correct something or move things on. This is why we're so horrifying - many people go through life trying to get away with stuff and we are the living witness that what you are avoiding will come back to you. People also don't like seeing themselves, and mirrors are associated with witches just as much as cats and cauldrons.


I have been reminded of this this week because I reported my last boss to our registration body for lying. I thought her frank incompetence would become apparent the instant she opened her mouth.

I am still waiting to hear what they will do but in the meantime I am delighted to announce that she is moving to a certain area of the city. I am sorry to hear that because being struck off would be mild in comparison to what she has inflicted on herself. Suffice to say it is an area that you move from not to, and getting to work will be an absolute bugger. 🤣 She was talking about extending the perfectly nice house she's lived in hitherto and I am guessing she has money problems. The reflection she's getting is not to overstretch herself - and I'm sure it's completely unwelcome!




5 comments:

  1. I like this post. I wish to restore the house and hug the man. I've never associated Witches with mirrors, but I always find stories around mirrors and doorways to other realms fascinating. Once when I was really sick I was given prescription-strength codeine, which I hadn't had before. It gave me terrible nightmares, including dead people I didn't know staring at me through mirrors and the reflective angles of glass from the picture frames. I spent a long miserable night trying to sleep on the stairs between the first and second floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, I've been on codeine for ages and it's never had any of the effect people said it would. It does sound like it opened a door in your mind, in true RD Laing fashion.
      The house makes me uncomfortable, because I kinda want it to collapse then feel bad and then get frightened of it collapsing!

      Delete
  2. I'm embarrassed to say I have not heard of RD Laing before but after looking him up I really want to read some of his books now! I'm a lucid dreamer, they stay with me as strong as any memory. Here's a post about one you might like: https://nature-led.org/2021/02/19/allegories-interlopers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and the fear bear. Spoken like a true witch! Oh and I love your approach to parking music. I used to work in a healthcare call centre and whenever we had to talk to a particularly difficult team we would put some Wagner on...

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I can't call myself a witch, Grandma would beat my ass from beyond the grave. She even looked like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest! My mom and I bond over it. Occasionally we say to the other, "No wire hangers!" On her death bed she made me swear never to go Germany, but I crossed my fingers behind my back, I was 16. I'm terribly confused about whether that was reverse psychology on her part because she was very smart. Fate has kept me far away from all of Europe thus far, but I feel it about to change soon, within the next five years. I just need to keep staying alive long enough. I've also worked in call centers, it was a mixed bag of crazy and boredom.

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication