Friday, February 26, 2021

My Altar Again


I have had various altars in various locations since I came into the power. Not being a very ceremonial witch, I'm not a great one for ceremonial altars and they more serve a purpose of focus for me.

Currently my altar is on top of a heater behind the door in my bedroom. I don't tend to use the heater, partly because of its odd placement and partly because I like my bedroom cool. Plus I like altars in corners!

The picture of the goddess is decorated with lucky heather given to me by a friend. I realised he was fairly unboundaried and despite claiming to be gay and in a civil partnership he has several children by different women, but I was surprised to find him snared on a paedophile hunters website for chatting with a 14 year old boy. The heather is partly there for cleansing, protection and judgement.

The book is my book of shadows and the little pouch contains a tarot deck given to me by my goddess mother. Blood makes you kindred but loyalty makes you family and I do think a reminder of the red thread is necessary on an altar.

The little round picture is actually the back of a mirror decorated with my spirit animal Divine. You can't see it but it says Eat shit, which is exactly the way to respond to much of what happens in our world.

3 comments:

  1. And the small rock? Something you picked up by the canal, or a meteorite, perhaps? However, it also looks like it might have been coughed up by Divine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww you know full well it was coughed up by Device. I actually thought that I wouldn't say anything and see what you would say!

      Delete
  2. PS I pick up better things by the canal than that...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication