Thursday, October 10, 2019

The Hanged Man

In my researches into the Golden Dawn tarot I have reached the Hanged Man and they have made some fascinating revelations. In the deck I have there is the man hanged upside down but there is also another figure, a giant with a rainbow at his feet. The rainbow represents the pact between G*d and man, and the whole card, the descent of the divine into matter. Since there are two figures, whichever way up the card is, either the divine or the human is exalted. Naturally as a witch I don't myself have a dog in this fight, but I have even read somewhere that the 'proper' position for the card is sideways.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking that the medieval giant robot has a foot fetish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well actually yes, robot is what he looks like

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication