Monday, August 26, 2019

An Update and More Street Art


This was going to be the post I have mooted several times, against quack remedies, but it isn 't going to be now. I am watching a wonderful film which manages to star both William Hartnell and Peter Lorre, and shows holiday makers on the beach wearing suits, so I will settle down and reflect a bit.
I haven't been posting here that much because I have been rather lacking the energy to do so. My work has suddenly gone from being reletively sensible to being stupid as hell. I am delighted to say that all the three people at my level united in a complaint and one of my colleagues has blown the whistle in addition. I am of course hugely proud of my colleagues, but nonetheless am applying for other jobs. This is just one of the times when the world nudges one to make a move, and if they are not going to let their staff report incidents, I'm off.
I am delighted to say that I have a new consultant rheumatologist who took one look at my knees and is starting me on one of the new expensive treatments. This is actually what I have been hoping for all along, because they really are good but you have to have tried a number of other treatments first. One of the reasons I haven't done my post about quack remedies was that I couldn't face writing about the fact that some turds in the world will happily sell people expensive 'remedies' which don't work. The most bizarre is probably the idea that coffee enemas will cure cancer when killing it or cutting it out is clearly the only way to go. Some people of course actually believe that these things work, and I have been reading about the sad case of a woman who set herself up as the 'Wellness Warrior'. She unfortunately had a very rare cancer which kills you very slowly and at a frighteningly young age was told the only option was to have an arm amputated and that would cure it. She didn 't do that, but tried 'alternative' treatments, and in fact didn't seem to be ill because of the nature of her cancer, but did actually die.
The pictures are of various street art pieces. I really appreciate their humour. 
Meanwhile the world hurtles on towards its untimely end. It does actually begin to look as if the world will end in my lifetime. What I really don't understand is the people who keep on reproducing in this environment! Right, I'm off out into the sun.

2 comments:

  1. The street art is very amusing - although, lasers and acid will never stop a determined hedgehog. Pesky little blighters.

    P.S. good news about your work colleagues being worthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was tremendously impressed! It will come as no surprise that I don't think I've ever seen a hedgehog in reality, but your comments are making me warm towards them. I like the idea of a sassy Mrs Tiggywinkle!

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication