Thursday, June 20, 2019

Queer: Ballet Dancer and Wrestler Ricki Starr

Ricki Starr (1931 - 2014) was the professional name of a man who managed to combine dual careers as a ballet dancer and a wrestler.
He was a ballet dancer first, and when he started wrestling imported not only balletic moves but even wore slippers!
The wrestling websites all say that his wrestling had gay overtones. I was going to say that while I have tagged this post queer I wasn't making assumptions about his sexuality, but now I have seen his act I am not convinced the gayness was limited to overtones!


Not sure at all! On the other hand the only thing queerer than a gay ballet dancer taking on the butch world of wrestling, would be a straight one doing so and pretending to be gay.
Apart from anything else, I am such a sucker for a hairy chest!

2 comments:

  1. Although not quite Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks, the hairy chest is quite something, but Ricky appears to have shaved his armpits in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was thinking that. I believe that even before the current trend for hair removal some men did it there to stop them smelling so much? Of course in Ricky's case I assume his armpit hair would have hung down to his knees and required something to tame it!

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication