Saturday, December 8, 2018

Tarot: stalked by the 8 of Swords

One of these days I will do a whole post about the gorgeous Marseille tarot by Jean Noblet. I am just getting to know mine, which I am doing by shuffling and letting it talk to me.
This week has been an absolutely ridiculous week at work and my Noblet tarot had responded by throwing the 8 of Swords at me. I think of this as the drama queen card, and I think the deck is reflecting my drama queen personality back at me.
I am most familiar with the depiction in the RWS tarot, where the woman is outside the fantasy Jerusalem of that deck, trapped in a soggy nightmare of her own making. Even understood in my favourite French way of reading tarot - where the Major of the same number is manifested in the suit's domain - you get the same thing. The major here is Justice, so the pricks of fortune are what you deserve. This way of reading also works with Waite's transposition of VIII and XI because he gives us Strength in the 8 position.
So the message is the unsubtle one that I must sit on my drama queen tendencies because they will cause me the problems I deserve.
Now let me just throw myself on the floor and scream one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication