Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Big Present

Despite having devoted years to developing my curmudgeonly persona, the two abilities I have which never fail to surprise me are my remarkable healing ability and the way I have with animals.
I genuinely don't know how I do healing, and no I can't do warts. What I do is healing rather than curing, dealing with dis-ease rather than disease, and I'm particularly good at pain. The fluffies will have a fit but I can take it and put it somewhere else, in a worthy recipient. I see this as a major witchly work, and someone always comes to my attention who needs a karmic backlash.
The other day I had the most arthritis pain I've ever had and was hobbling along when some fool cannoned straight into me and called me a prick.
So I gave it to him. All of it. I genuinely don't know how I do it but five minutes later I was fine.
And animals similarly, I don't know how I do it. With dogs it's self explanatory, the Goddess thinks it's hilarious the way a status dog with a bit of rough trade holding its lead, rolls over when it sees me!
Other animals too, and this post is illustrated with a new friend who comes to the witch for a chat before going back to savaging some other bird.
Funny thing, being a witch. And magic is definitely better than sex 🙃

2 comments:

  1. I can't do healing, but I can do warts! Put as many stones as one has warts into a bag (rub each stone on a wart if desired, but it's not really necessary unless one is hesitant or disbelieving) then leave the bag at a crossroads. The warts will be transferred to whomever picks up the bag. OK, so it's not really healing - I told you I can't do it.

    And I'm glad magic is better than sex because one of the two is in very short supply around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose if there's a dearth of magic (or sex?) you're much less likely to catch warts?

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication