Monday, December 14, 2015

Witches' Hymn Book: Gimme That Ol' Time Religion


Gimme that ol' time religion,
Gimme that Ol' time religion,
Gimme that Ol' time religion,
It's good enough for me.

It was good enough for Aradia. She said "Keep the suits afraid of ya,
And I'll see you in Arcadia. And that's good enough for me!

We will worship with the witches
'Cause we're rowdy sons-of-bitches
And they scratch us where it itches
And that's good enough for me!

Well, she raised an awful flurry  
When she made the scholars worry
Thank the Gods for Margaret Murray! 
She is good enough for me!
                                           
It was good enough for Granny
She could throw a double-whammy
That would knock you on your fanny 
And she's good enough for me!

When ol' Gerald got it goin'
When ol' Gerald got it goin'
All that hidin' turned to showin'
And that's good enough for me!
                                           
With the aid of my athame 
I can throw a "double-whammy"
(And can slice and dice salami!)
So it's good enough for me!

Meeting at the Witching Hour
By the bud, and branch and flower
Folks are raising up the Power
And that's where I want to be!
                                        
There will be a lot of lovin'             
When we're meetin in our Coven
Quit yer pushin and yer shovin' 
So there's room enough for me!
                                           
Well the Christians all are humming 
Cause they say their God is coming,
Our God came three times this evening
And that's good enough for me!      
                               
Some folks worship all of Nature
Tho they love to taunt and bait-cher 
They're just funnin', they don't hate-cher 
And they're good enough for me!              

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was looking forward to listening to Dolly sing "rowdy sons of bitches" and "knock you on your fanny".
    Little things, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've seen the word little put anywhere near Dolly Parton!

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication