Monday, July 5, 2021

Like a Dog with a Bone

I'm not a surveyor but if structural concrete looks like this yesterday was the time to act

Despite definitely being a cat person, always having had cats, and being distinctly cat-like myself my rapport with dogs is growing. The goddess likes gay men and obviously likes dogs and so one of her little jokes is to make a status job with a bit of rough trade, turn into a total puppy with me. Thus embarrassing the rough trade.

I am also becoming more dog like in terms of worrying a bone. Even years ago I stayed in one work place over a decade partly because I liked the clientele but mainly to annoy the staff.

I must give a shout out to my deceased mother at this point because I learned from her how to be as awkward as hell. Unlike her, I don't self-sabotage with it because I don't have a personality disorder and can use it when I want to.

There is genuinely a divine part to this in terms of correcting the karma we have and witches are nothing if not the instruments of divinity in helping people correct their own karma. Not necessarily because they want to, but because you're not taking the piss and getting away with it.

Take the people who sold me my sofa. I haven't had it a year and the springs rattle, the fabric is bobbly and feathers keep coming out of it. I had a lengthy email exchange with their quality control people earlier this year and they told me the bobbling was to be expected, the feathers coming out was my fault because I don't shake the cushions every day and they ignored the rattling completely.

Can you tell that the rattling is about to be transferred to their heads?

I posted a review on trustpilot. I have to say even I was impressed with what a total cunt I was, and particularly made a point of including their feedback when I tried to tell them how crappy it was. Within 24 hours they put a reply saying how sorry they were to hear I wasn't happy and asking me to contact them. I will not be doing so - they had their chance to resolve it and didn't. So I posted a reply saying exactly that, and that they have all the information they need to put this right, and commented that this different approach was obviously because I had put it in a public review.

What makes this a magical and karmic act rather than just being a disgruntled customer? On the one hand we are well used to thinking that all acts are magical acts. In a magical worldview everything we do has ripples in different worlds and different areas. One of the goals of magical paths is to be so aware of everything that you won't get unexpected kickback and won't be one of those kids posting on forums that they've changed their mind about a spell and want to undo it.

On the other hand, to my mind what makes this magical and karmic is the element of consequences. If you complain about something and they resolve your complaint that is the limit of it. If you sue them and get a payout, that's also the limit, the company will be insured and they'll make you sign a NDA ending it. When a company fails to resolve something and they get potentially business-affecting poor reviews, that is their actions returning and giving them real-world consequences.

What they do now, I will add to my review but will not remove it so the difference in their customer service in private and in public is now apparent. They also have a very obvious trustpilot widget thingy on their website so it's the first thing people shopping there will see today.

In terms of witch values, it is very bad indeed to try to get away with things in private that show you up as a two-faced bastard in public. The company says that quality is a value of theirs but it obviously isn't. And now because of doing it across a witch it has bitten them in the bum.


I must be on a roll today because I have also stopped the tenant over the hall plugging his extension lead in to the hall socket by the very simple means of going out and unplugging it every time he plugs it in. Apart from using the building power he puts it right across the hall, dangerous clown. I haven't actually spoken to him, that wouldn't at all be in mother's playbook of driving people mad. I did email a picture to the concierge and I was actually quite impressed - within five minutes she replied to say she had sent it to the letting agent who would be giving them a warning.

The concierge is feeling a little fragile. I hasten to say that this isn't because of me, but I happen to know that one of the directors has been on at the management company for ages about the smell of damp in the basement, and I also know that every flat dweller in the world has been bothering their concierge because the collapse of Champlain Towers South is enough to make anyone nervous about a concrete building.

To be frank the Florida collapse sounds like exactly the sort of tragedy that should be avoided if people pay attention to the likely consequences of their actions. Critical safety concerns have been documented for around three years. I'm not necessarily saying this about the management of that building but there is a human tendency to try to get away with things and try to avoid the consequences of our actions. And it's exactly that attitude witchy intervention is aimed at changing.

You'll thank us for it in the long run.

5 comments:

  1. I've had cats and dogs most of my life. I like all animals for the most part. What bothers me is torture as a form of kill play. A killer whale that gives the seal a false sense of hope before swimming under to toss it into the air a few times before finally getting bored and killing to eat it. Or the pack of hyenas that will chew into their prey avoiding the arteries to eat it living for as long as possible.

    As for the Champlain collapse in Florida, Florida is a very corrupt state. It's a notoriously cheap and greedy state, but it has nice beaches and the weather is nice nine months out of the year. Sometimes I think they've been baked in the head too long. Aside from Covid, I typically visit my In-laws there once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's bizarre how we think we have domesticated the cat which is just a total psychopath.
      Oh I didn't know that about Florida, obviously all sorts of things are now going to come out of the woodwork and lots of people protesting they didn't know. I expect Florida witches are pretty sassy though.

      Delete
  2. The Florida Everglades has a distinct aura about it with Spanish colonial nuances. New Orleans is distinct with well-known Haitian, French colonial influences, predominantly voodoo. Appalachia (West Virginia, South and North Carolinas) has its own flavor Celtic pagan influences. It's high mountainous terrain (Blue Mountain range) and so culturally distinct from the rest of the U.S, that anthropologists have tried to study them for years, but they're very standoffish to outsiders. Interbreeding is common among the prominent families there. They have a Scots-Irish sounding dialect which makes sense given the history of the families that first settled there. "The Plains" central US is heavily influenced by the shamanistic presence of the plains tribes, Lakota, Cherokee, Crow etc. Both Northwest (WA,OR,CA) and Northeast (ME,MA,NY,RI) coasts have strong old Europe and Coastal tribal influences. My area also has a strong Asian presence. I've adopted two practices from my Asian friends; 1. Always bend your path to make it harder for darkness/demons to follow 2. Have a mirror facing the the doors of your house. The mirror catches a persons true reflection as they stand at the doorway. They see themselves as they are and you see them as they catch themselves in that moment through the mirror. (They are momentarily unguarded/caught of guard.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do realize you've just made the number of places I could visit in the US vanishingly small, don't you!
      Yes classic Asian magical practices. Great stuff. Although my own view is there are scary beings walking the city streets, and I'm them.

      Delete
  3. On the contrary, I think you would be welcome depending on what your intentions were. No one want to played for a fool.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated before publication