Monday, October 29, 2018

'You attract idiots at their most idiotic,' a friend said the other day. Of course she's right.
It must be something to do with my... I suppose I would have to call it karma, because I don't have another word. The magical actions we undertake literally attract all sorts of other actions and entities, although I'm still not into banishing. I would rather be forced to deal with what my actions attract, since that is usually a learning experience for me. Among the things I have learned are:
1. Some people will never be happy, not even, especially not, when they get exactly what they think they want.
2. Some people just have to be left to make the same mistakes over and over again, because they will never learn from them.
3. Some people are incredibly attached to what they will tell you is the source of their misery, whether a bad relationship or one of the classical sources of oppression like gender or race. The source of their oppression is so much part of their identity they will never be able to cope without it.
4. Some people fear change above all fears. Attentive readers of Uncle Al will recall that this was his definition of 'black' magic.
The opposite approach for the magical practitioner welcomes change, always seeks to examine self as part of a full and frank inventory and recognises that different ' stuff is going to come up as part of our work. Sometimes we end up mediating this to other people. Guess that's why witches get burned, they can't face their own karmic debt.
Hey ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication